I have been nominated for the Honest Scrap Award by my blogger buddy, Kelly.
“Scrap means left over, discarded material. Many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. This award is for people that tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will. There are 2 guidelines for receiving this award. One, you are to list 10 honest things about yourself. Make them interesting, even if you have to dig deep. Two, present the award to other bloggers.”
Ten honest things about me are –
1. I knew I was going to marry my husband on our first date—drinking coffee and talking about Rousseau and family for five hours. Oh, and I asked him out.
2. I tried to “pick him up” by making him play the Sentence Game.
3. My biggest fear is that someone will break into my house in the middle of the night and steal my kids away.
4. I weep every time I hear the Beatles' song "Yesterday".
5. I trained for a triathlon when my son was a year old. However, instead of participating on the day of the event, I went out for pancakes.
6. I actually completed a half marathon!
7. I am an obsessive calorie counter.
8. My favorite song to sing Karaoke is Patsy Cline’s “Crazy”.
9. I dread talking to people on the phone, and I practically freak out when I have to talk to strangers.
10. I never know what to say to people in casual conversation—all of my best friends have been excellent conversationalists.
Whew. That wasn’t so bad.
I tag Tabitha, Mary L., and Marva.